WITH SCALEAPROPERTY.COM PRICE YOU SEE IS THE PRICE YOU PAY. NO EXTRA FEES AND CHARGES. GUARANTEED! CHECK OUT REVIEWS ON OUR FORUM
www.scaleaproperty.com www.scaleaproperty.com
#1 Choice for Buying Property in Scalea (Calabria, Southern ITALY)
 

News

Italy opens from 3 June

1 jun 2020

As Italy opens from 3 of June for travel, Ryanair now sells tickets for it’s flights from UK and Ireland to Italy. Tickets from 39 EUR one way.

More

COVID-19 update

10 apr 2020

Calabria — is least affected region, Riviera dei Cedri — zero infected. Italy slowly goes back to normal starting from South.

More

COVID-19 update

7 apr 2020

There have been no cases of virus in Riviera dei Cedri! Instead, we have lots of food and lots of  sun! For more up to date info please visit our FORUM

More

COVID-19 update

12 mar 2020

As preventive measure, disinfection of streets will take place 13/03 22:00–24:00 in Scalea and nearby cities. Residents advised keep windows closed during this time.

More

Festa della Donna

8 mar 2020

Today with celebrate Women’s Day with all Italy!

More

NEW: SCALEA FORUM (in English)
Goto Thread: Previous • Next
Goto: New Topic • Search • Log In • Register
[Forum List] / PROPERTY (REAL ESTATE) IN AND AROUND SCALEA

Looking for recommendations

Looking for recommendations
Posted by: Joe77 (IP Logged)
Date: April 08, 2020 10:41AM

My neighbor in S.Maria (elderly English lady) has been approached by some guy called Tony Hackett, who offered to rent out her apartment on commission. Apparently, he is English but lives near Scalea permanently. She’s asked me to post on here and ask if anyone knows him as she’s afraid to get scammed. Any advice would be appreciated.



Edited 1 times. Last edit at 04/08/20 11:02AM.



Re: Looking for recommendations
Posted by: mozg (IP Logged)
Date: April 08, 2020 09:49PM

I would suggest you not to deal with Tony Hackett. From my personal experience and stories I’ve heard of him from number of people for many years, he is not very reliable person, particularly when the money involved.



Re: Looking for recommendations
Posted by: Joe77 (IP Logged)
Date: April 09, 2020 10:46AM

mozg wrote:

I would suggest you not to deal with Tony Hackett. From my personal experience and stories I’ve heard of him from number of people for many years, he is not very reliable person, particularly when the
money involved.
Thanks, mozg, how long have you known him for?



Edited 1 times. Last edit at 04/09/20 10:46AM.



Re: Looking for recommendations
Posted by: Lisa (IP Logged)
Date: April 10, 2020 09:53AM

Joe77 wrote:

My neighbor in S.Maria (elderly English lady) has been approached by some guy called Tony Hackett, who offered to rent out her apartment on commission. Apparently, he is English but lives near Scalea
permanently. She’s asked me to post on here and ask if anyone knows him as she’s afraid to get scammed. Any advice would be appreciated.



Edited 1 times. Last edit at 04/08/20 11:02AM.
I have also heard troubling things about him. A lady told me that she bought an apartment though Tony’s agency. He acted as the translator in the solicitors’ office during the purchase and told her that the garden below the apartment was included in the deed. When she came to the flat on holiday though, it turned out that the garden did not belong to her, it was actually her neighbours’! She got her deed translated by an independent translator to try to prove ownership, but found that there was no mention of a garden space included anywhere. What a scam!



Re: Looking for recommendations
Posted by: mozg (IP Logged)
Date: April 13, 2020 12:15PM

Joe77 wrote:
mozg wrote:

I would suggest you not to deal with Tony Hackett. From my personal experience and stories I’ve heard of him from number of people for many years, he is not very reliable person, particularly when the money involved.
Thanks, mozg, how long have you known him for?



Edited 1 times. Last edit at 04/09/20 10:46AM.
About 12 years or so



Edited 1 times. Last edit at 04/13/20 12:16PM.



Re: Looking for recommendations
Posted by: mozg (IP Logged)
Date: April 13, 2020 12:17PM

Lisa wrote:
Joe77 wrote:

My neighbor in S.Maria (elderly English lady) has been approached by some guy called Tony Hackett, who offered to rent out her apartment on commission. Apparently, he is English but
lives near Scalea
permanently. She’s asked me to post on here and ask if anyone knows him as she’s afraid to get scammed. Any advice would be appreciated.



Edited 1 times. Last edit at 04/08/20
11:02AM.
I have also heard troubling things about him. A lady told me that she bought an apartment though Tony’s agency. He acted as the translator in the solicitors’ office during
the purchase and told her that the garden below the apartment was included in the deed. When she came to the flat on holiday though, it turned out that the garden did not belong to her, it was
actually her neighbours’! She got her deed translated by an independent translator to try to prove ownership, but found that there was no mention of a garden space included anywhere. What a scam!
Yes, I’ve also heard this story from friend of that lady. There are many similar stories circulating in Scalea about him.



Re: Looking for recommendations
Posted by: Joe77 (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2020 03:23PM

Sorry for a bit late reply I wasn’t well with something similar to corona, but all good now. Thank you all for the advise I will pass it to my friend. Can’t wait to be back to Scalea!





Goto: Forum List • Message List • Search • Log In • Register
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
 
 ScaleaProperty.com   Scalea-Property.info - Real Estate in Scalea (Calabria, Italy)
English speaking community in Scalea - FORUM, Photo, Video

Copyright © 2020 www.scaleaproperty.com. All rights reserved.
Powered by OnSite.ru